Job Title: Shot Blaster
Location: Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Duration: 3 months+
The role is to prepare parts and assemblies by shot blasting in preparation for finishing the product, (painting) meeting defined production standards, schedules and quality requirements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
– To comply with Company and Statutory Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Human Resources policies and procedures.
– To be experienced in shot blasting industrial items within a shot blasting booth, and to be conversant with overhead crane & forklift operations.
– To be able to shot blast parts and welded assemblies in preparation for painting and assembly.
– To prepare and setup the necessary tools and equipment for shot blasting
– To be able to carry out the shot blast booth and equipment TPM maintenance and to keep the booth and surrounding area clean & tidy.
– To review finished shot blasted assemblies, parts and product to ensure they meet the quality requirements.
– To report production issues and assist in any resolutions as required.
– To preserve and maintain all company tools and equipment in your care.
– To ensure that waste is disposed of in the correct manner.
– To mentor trainees / apprentices when applicable.
– To report any Incidents, Accident and/or Near Misses.
Background & Experience:
* Previous experience of industrial production shot blasting
* The ability to use tools, fixtures and equipment for shot blasting.
* To have good hand skills in an Engineering Workshop.
– Engineering/Mechanical qualification
Key Skills, Competencies and Personal Attributes:
* Self-motivated team player with a positive can-do attitude.
* Willing to learn new skills
* A willingness to work flexibly.
* Good communication skills
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You’ll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.