Service engineer summary: Professional skill base – Mechanical
On a day to day basis service engineers will be expected to fault find on Transmission and diesel engines fixing, replacing and fitting like for like components such as oil / fuel filters, fuel injectors, radiators, pipe and bearings etc.
Company van will provided to travel from depot to depot. Covering Bristol, Reading and Exeter.
Key Duties & Tasks:
– Travel to field-based job sites to troubleshoot and repair and associated products.
-Responsible for the installation, maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting and its associated products.
– Work with various departments to address concerns and issues that may arise at the depot from our customer.
– Document service visits and generate reports with action items.
– Carry out all reasonable instructions received from immediate line Manager and or Senior Staff.
– Work to and support all relevant 5S activities.
– Ensure work area at the depot is left clean and tidy after completing a repair.
– Provide technical assistance related to Company actions via phone and email queries.
– Follow standard work operating procedures for pre- and post-service preparation (submit personal expense reports, develop service reports, making travel arrangements).
– Follow all Environmental Health and Safety policies and procedures.
– Communicate distributor feedback to company management.
– Work to achieve the goals and targets as set by the Service department.
– Involvement in New Product Development.
work along side service engineers.
* Previous Service experience not essential but preferred
* Comprehensive Industry Knowledge
* Strong Customer-Facing Skills
* Strong Written and Verbal Communication
* Creative Problem-Solving
* Level 3 NVQ in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
– Self-motivated team player with a positive can-do attitude.
8 to 12 hours shifts Monday to Friday
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You’ll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.