Job Title: Production Planning Manager
Location: Kirkbymoorside, North Yorkshire
Salary: £45k – £52k p/a
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our Advanced Composites Business based at our Kirkbymoorside site, North Yorkshire. The Production Planning Manager is a new position, the main purpose of the role, together with a small team, is to create and implement a best practice capacity planning vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures in line with ERP/MRP systems to aid and improve operational performance.
* Responsible for the efficiency and utilisation of available plant hours incorporating planned maintenance cycles
* Responsible for material demand planning and stock control
* Responsible for capacity planning and for development of these services in the organisation
* Responsible for ensuring that capacity planning is fully integrated within the ERP/MRP systems
* Lead capacity planning activities ensuring delivery against operational requirements and which optimise manufacturing efficiency and costs
* Refine systems and methods to continually improve plans so that the organisation can better anticipate customer needs maximising planning input into tender and PCAF stages.
* Manage deviations from the plan that have financial impact
* Monitor key manufacturing processes and data to identify capacity constraints and trends
* Extensive experience within a factory planning role, preferably within a composites manufacturing or aerospace/ defence environment
* Degree (engineering or business) level preferred, although professional Six Sigma or lean qualifications or equivalent accepted.
* Confident individual with the ability to create and foster close working relationships
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to be able to present reports and presentations
* Have good working knowledge of MS Office based applications
* To be self-motivated with the ability to produce accurate work and meet tight deadlines
* Excellent analytical skills
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You’ll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.