The individual should be familiar with the operation principles of various kinds of diesel engines, fuel system components such as Fuel Pumps, Injectors and pistons.
Key Accountability / responsibilities:
1. Document all work activities and equipment maintenance.
2. Troubleshoot issues related to engine fueling.
3. Install and repair fuel systems and parts of systems.
4. Inspect fuel systems.
5. Perform routine vehicle maintenance procedures, such as part replacements.
6. Calibrate equipment used for fuel cell testing.
7. Test fuel cells or fuel cell stacks, using complex electronic equipment.
8. Install, calibrate, or operate emissions analyzers, cell assist software, fueling systems, or air conditioning systems in engine testing systems.
9. Perform routine or preventive maintenance on fuel cell test equipment.
10. Order fuel cell testing materials.
12. Report results of fuel cell tests.
13. To undertake training as and when required.
14. To mentor trainees / apprentices when applicable.
15. To report any near misses. 16. To comply with Company and statutory Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and HR policies and procedures.
17. To work to, and support, all relevant 5S activities.
18. Adhere to a line managers’ written or verbal reasonable instruction.
19. Maintain a good level of attendance at work. Additional Information e.g. Budget responsibility, overall number of people this position is responsible for: No direct reports. Person Specification Consider what is essential and what is desirable
Background & Experience:
* The ability to work within a changing environment with deadlines and short lead times.
* Good knowledge of fuel system components, calibration, phasing of different types of fuel pumps, conducting bench tests and preparing reports
* Take on any other reasonable responsibilities or tasks that are within the employee’s skills and abilities
* To be able to contribute to the Team’s performance
* To have a friendly approach when working with others
* The ability to work on own initiative
* Recognised Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent NVQ Level 3. Previous experience in rail or automotive industry Key Skills, Competencies and Personal Attributes: Demonstrate Valuesof the company at all times: Reliable, Passionate, Collaborative, Safety, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Teamwork, Leadership.
* Self-motivated team player with a positive can-do attitude.
* Organised & structured.
* Must be reliable and punctual.
* Must possess good vision and be able to identify different colours
Typical Hours Worked Monday to Thursday 07:00 AM – 17:00 PM Friday 13:00 PM Finish.
Working in well ventilated areas for the summer months and heating for the cold winter months.
factory shop floor facilities are forever being well kept, with all correct welfare in place including canteen and lockers.
last hour and a half worked each day is paid at time and a 3rd once past the probationary period.
after passing another 6 months probationary period you are then entitled to 3 months full sick pay and after that 3 months half sick pay.
25 days Holiday, Pension (EE pension Contribution matched up to 5%) and company sick pay.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You’ll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.