This role would involve the rebuilding of engines, turbines, and similar equipment used in the rail and marine industry.
Key Accountabilities/ responsibilities:
1. Be able to strip and build all the mechanical components to an engine as per instruction.
2. Collect new parts and distribute to the right engines/machinery.
3. Read and interpret assembly blueprints and specifications manuals, and plan assembly or building operations.
4. Verify conformance of parts to stock lists and blueprints, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges, and micrometers.
5. Liaise with other business units to get the task completed.
6. Adhere to strict deadlines.
7. Accurately complete documentation to the company’s standard
8. Carry out any other reasonable duty or task as instructed by your manager in pursuit of the company’s goals and objectives.
9. Ensure that waste is disposed of in the correct manner.
10. Mentor trainees / apprentices when applicable.
11. Adhere to a line managers’ written or verbal reasonable instruction.
12. Report any near misses.
13. Maintain good level of attendance at work.
14. Comply with Company and statutory Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and HR policies and procedures.
15. Report any failures / faults identified.
Background & Experience:
* Able to work within a changing environment working to deadlines and short lead times.
* Working as part of team
* Take on any other reasonable responsibilities or tasks that are within the employee’s skills and abilities
* Minimum NVQ Level 3 in motor repairs or equivalent
* Experience in rail or automotive industry
* Excellent planning and organisational skills
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Attention to detail and commitment to quality standards
Typical Hours Worked Monday to Thursday 07:00 AM – 17:00 PM Friday 13:00 PM Finish.
– Working in well ventilated areas for the summer months and heating for the cold winter months.
– Factory shop floor facilities are forever being well kept, with all correct welfare in place including canteen and lockers.
-Last hour and a half worked each day is paid at time and a 3rd once past the probationary period.
– After passing another 6 months probationary period you are then entitled to 3 months full sick pay and after that 3 months half sick pay.
– 25 days Holiday, Pension (EE pension Contribution matched up to 5%) and company sick pay.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You’ll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.